Friday, October 3, 2014

Hi, my name is Seentahna


            Hi, my name is Seentahna. I am not a cockroach or a lizard or anything like that, I am a monkey. Miki is my Mommy. She thinks I’m pretty cute. I have to admit I think so too.
            I would just like to clarify something really fast. Yes, I did invite that guest over, but then I told it not to come. I really did. So I don’t know why it decided to come anyway. Mommy wasn’t very happy with me, so I’ve decided not to invite anyone else over until after I’ve made sure it’s ok with her.
            Tchad is an interesting place. There are lots of bugs everywhere. Mommy doesn’t like them very much, but I’m not sure why. They’re fun to talk to. She keeps muttering something about the entire country being on top of an anthill and they should be destroyed…but I think that’s mean. They were probably here first anyway.

            I was reading the rest of the blog posts that Mommy posted, but she was wrong about the number of kids. We actually live with a family of 8 kids. I think the two new ones are James’s younger siblings, but I haven’t quite figured out their names yet. I hope I will soon. 
She also forgot to mention our two roommates. Their names are Albert and Horatio. They are nice lizards, I like them. Albert is a teeny tiny baby lizard. He’s a little bit shy, but he sure can move fast. Horatio, well he is quite a bit older. He doesn’t actually know how old he is, but that’s ok, we’ll forgive his ignorance. I think Mommy is hoping that they’ll eat the bugs, so she keeps them around. I’ve also been told that if Auntie Ashley were here we would probably be catching lizards to play with all the time. I wish she were here. That would be fun.
A couple of days ago, Mommy took me to the hospital with her. She was coloring with the kids that were waiting outside with their families. She introduced me to them, then she let me color a picture! It was so much fun. It was a little bit hard to understand the kids, they speak French, and Nangere, and Lai, and I don’t really know what else. I guess Bere, where we’re living now, is actually about 21 different villages that happen to be in close proximity to each other. Like Camas and Washougal close. But there are so many different dialects! It’s crazy.
But other than not being able to understand people very well, things are going pretty good. Chad is a pretty awesome place to be. Auntie Mayson, thanks for making it possible for me to be here. J
My Tchadian Family
 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing well and enjoying your roommates! If Jonathan were there, both lizards would be named Fred.

    Love u!

    ReplyDelete